I'm looking forward to another year of participating in the Finish Along - I found the added nudge of motivation and encouragement to be a nice bonus in 2015. Although, maybe not as effective at keeping me on task as I'd expected, since I still somehow managed to start far more projects than I finished!
Before I jump into my list of goals, I need to say thanks to the Finish Along Team for coordinating and hosting the party this year:
- Leanne - She Can Quilt
- Debbie - A Quilter's Table
- Jess - Elven Garden Quilts
- Stacey - SLO Studio
- Jennie - Clover & Violet
- Helen - Archie the Wonder Dog
- Nicky - Mrs. Sew and Sow
- Rhonda - Rhonda's Ramblings
- Cindy - Fluffy Sheep Quilting
And thanks to Adrianne - On the Windy Side for keeping us all on track last year!
So about those goals...
1. Vintage HST quilt:: I'm soooo close to finishing this one, and in fact probably could have pushed myself to complete it last quarter. I've finished the quilting and just need to tackle the binding.
2. Midnight Mystery Quilt:: I've really enjoyed participating in my first quilt-along, created by Meadow Mist Design. With the final set of piecing instructions just released, I should have no trouble wrapping up this WIP.
3. Feather Bed Quilt:: After dreaming about making this quilt for years, I finally got started on it. I'm about halfway through piecing the feathers, and intend to do some hand-quilting so this one is iffy for a Q1 finish.
4. Pantone 2016 Quilt:: As always, Pantone's colour(s) of the year has sparked mixed reviews. I for one am a fan of the combo and have already pulled fabrics for a quilt featuring Rose Quartz and Serenity. I've got some semi-improv design ideas rattling around in my brain, and am excited to see how this evolves over the next couple months.
5. EPP Medallion:: I made virtually zero progress on this project last quarter so I need to get back on that. This is another (very) long shot project for Q1.
6. L'Arbre Hat:: I splurged on some gorgeous Madelinetosh hand-dyed yarn and am planning to knit this toque - hopefully while it's still winter.
7. Goosed Up Pincushion:: I started this pincushion at my local Modern Quilt Guild meeting last week. My goal is to have it finished before the February meeting.
Looks like I've got my work cut out for me this quarter! but I'm super duper excited about each of these WIPs so it should be a fun few months.
Time to head over to the linky party and see what everyone else is working on in 2016.
Happy New Year!